Tuesday, July 7, 2009

botanic hat pattern now available

I finally have my Botanic Hat pattern available for purchase!




Yarn Suggested: Merino Worsted by Malabrigo Yarn
-1 skein MC (less than half a skein is used)
-1 skein CC (less than half a skein is used)
Needles: US 6 & 7 (circular or DPNs depending on personal preference for knitting in the round)

The Botanic Hat pattern can be purchased for $6.00 through paypal.


It's been a long time since I first started working on this hat design and after knitting several versions, I'm really proud of the finished pattern.

Thanks to Todd Gocken (chiknitterguy on ravelry) for tech editing and formatting this pattern!

Also, thanks Peter aka yarndude for test knitting an awesome hat!

The hat is a reversible ribbed beanie with an added option to make a folded brim for extra warmth. I knit it up in a variety of worsted weight yarns and I can't wait to see what other color combinations and textures you all play with.



Make sure to post your finished hats for everyone to see over on ravelry!


7 comments:

James said...

That's fantastic!

Nutsue said...

You can be proud of it. It's awesome! congratulations!

Leah said...

What a gorgeous hat! Can't wait to give it a whirl with some of my many skeins of Malabrigo.

willyg said...

Glad to see it's finally out...looks great! Whoo hoo!

LA Woman said...

I have been looking for a cool beanie pattern forever! I just bought this at my LYS and can't wait to cast on. Bonus for me is the inspiration from the Botanic Gardens....former Highland Parker here! Thank you and I will send you pics when I finish!

Chris said...

I just knit the botanic hat for my husband in homespun natural black and gray with a small red accent design in duplicate stitch He's picky about his hats and loves it. It was a great way to spend time while snowed in here in Baltimore. I really like the way you describe in advance what the crown shaping is going to be about before you give the detailed and clear instructions.

Unknown said...

I made this and it's pretty much awesome. Thanks!

bryan