Friday, April 30, 2010

Seattle Recap Part 2

I thought I'd share more about the rest of my Seattle trip.

The main reason for the trip was Cat Bordhi's Visionary Retreat on San Juan Island, which was inspiring to say the least. The location and company couldn't have been any better.

I met a couple of the other men going to the retreat and caught the ferry to San Juan Island.


I could go on that scenic ferry ride every day (lots of good knitting time)! Also, it was the perfect weather for my knits to get some practical use before summer.


We got to stay in cozy cabins while knitting all day and talking about everyone's project ideas. How exhausting, right?


I was thankful for the time to escape for the week amongst other knitters.


I also managed to finish some new design prototypes and snap new photos of the Boneyard Shawl and my new Herbivore.




The week on San Juan Island provided much needed clarity and support for this upcoming pattern collection and I'm excited to continue working on it and seeing the other visionaries' projects develop.

At the tail end of my trip I managed to visit and teach a class at Wild Fibers in Mount Vernon, WA


and spent some quality time with one of the only male knitters in Mount Vernon, Sam. He finally wasn't the only guy knitting in Sarah's shop!


I was lucky to pass by the tulip fields in full bloom near Mount Vernon too!



It was hard to leave the Pacific Northwest, but I'm hoping to go back in the future to see much more of the Seattle area.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in our lovely state. Please do come back! I missed the opportunity to meet you and now hope to keep updated with your blog.

Anonymous said...

We would love to have you come to the Portland area and bring all of your lovely hand knits and new patterns for us to see. Maybe come to the next Sock Summit in 2011 and teach there.

norabrown said...

I love the scarf you are wearing in picture #2. Can you please tell me which of your patterns it is and what yarn/colors? I'd love to make this for my oldest son.

Nora